Tuesday, July 15, 2008

My Beautiful Wedding

I woke up next to two of my favorite people that morning. My best friend Sarah and my sister-in-law Stephanie.

Right off that bat I got a call from my mom crying. She was scared that I wasn't going to be happy. Of course I was (and still am) though. My sister was giving my mom a hard time about the whole thing and my mom of course was upset. She just wanted the best for her baby girl and wanted to make sure that I was 100% ready to do this.

I reassured her that I couldn't have been more happy in my entire life. I was marring my best friend and my other half. His family was also behind us all of the way and I knew that I was marring not only an amazing man but I was marring into an amazing family as well.

Once I calmed my mother back down we all got out of bed and headed for the church on that cold icy morning of February the 23rd. My heart was in my throat and my stomach was upset from the morning sickness. But nothing could stop me from getting married today. Nothing could ruin my day. NOTHING!

All the girls got to the church with me and we designated the room right next to the bathroom. Of course. We hung my dress and got everything in line for the big day. My dress was beautiful!


This is the beautiful dress I got married in.

My dad's friend Tom Holland (Uncle Tom) was trying to make his way from Arkansas but the roads were super icy and he didn't make it to the wedding but he sent his love and I got to sew a little blessing from him into my dress. A glass bead that he hand made.


The glass bead was sewn into my dress before I went down the isle.

We planned our wedding so fast that my rings hadn't came in yet so my band still had the sizers on it. But it still looked pretty in the pictures.


My and Derek's rings in the gorgeous roses

So everyone was starting to get to the church and the butterflies in my stomach turned to bats and I started to get so nervous. I had everyone I loved around me. So I calmed myself down. Put on my dress and my shoes and topped it with a smile. And a little bit of make-up.


Putting on my dress and smile to get ready to see my other half.

All during the 3 weeks of planning I told myself I did NOT want to wear high heels in my wedding. I don't even wear high heels anyway. I wanted to be comfortable and wear something that was ME. Since I couldn't go barefoot I picked out the next best thing and got the cutest pair of flats that I could find.


Like the shoes? I loved them. They were so comfortable and they were SO me.

The preacher (Keith Price) came in and said that it was time and immediately my stomach went up in my throat. Those bats in my stomach again changed into eagles! Oh gosh was I nervous. But it was ok. In less than a matter of minuets I would get to see Derek and it would be ok. I gave my final hugs to all the girls and let them go sit in the church for my big moment.


This is such a good picture. This is Derek's cousin Whitney. She helped with my hair.

It was just me, my mom, my dad, and my sister left in the room. My last moments as Emily Brennan. The last time all four members of my family were Brennan's. We stopped and took a few final pictures and I helped my mom straighten her flower before she went in.


Mom fixing her flower before we all went in.

Before my mom walked in all four of us were standing in the lobby waiting to go in when all of a sudden we heard clapping coming from the sanctuary. Puzzled, my dad popped his head around the corner. Derek's step brother Danny was one of our candle lighters and apparently it was a little harder than what he expected. He couldn't get the candles lit. So once he did everyone gave him a round of applause. That made me feel a little better and gave me a little laugh. (thanks Danny) But now it was time to walk down the isle as Emily Brennan and walk back as Emily Williams. My dad gave me a kiss on the cheek and my sister helped put my veil on. First my sister went down the isle and then the music started playing for me and my dad to come down. I took one deep breath in and it was me and my dad.


Ready or not. Here we come.

As soon as I got halfway down the isle and could see Derek's smile I knew from then on that everything was going to be just fine. I was still going to be my daddy's little girl and I was still going to be Derek's wife. I could do this. I could do both. Just because I was getting to a new chapter of my life didn't mean that I had to burn the rest of the book. Everything was ok. I was ok. Everything was OK! I'll always be my daddy's little girl.


It's ok. I'm a daddy's girl. Doesn't he look so handsome?

We did our "I do's" and we walked back down the isle as Mr and Mrs Derek Williams. Ahh. Life was good. Now it was time to relax and let things soak in for once. Oh yea, and take pictures. Lots and lots of pictures.


Finally a minuet to sit back and prop up my feet. But not for long.


Nothing but smiles. We were done. We had done it!


He always knows how to make me laugh.


Mr & Mrs Derek Williams

Grandma B read a passage from the bible during the wedding. She did so good. I was so proud of her. She is go wonderful.
She prays for Derek and I every morning and every night. She really is such a blessing.


Didn't she look beautiful? I love my Grandma B.


Mrs Derek Williams and her beautiful rings.

Finally we get to EAT! We had the best food ever. We had Dexter Barbecue. It was so good but my dress was so tight that I couldn't eat as much as I would have liked to. But there was ALWAYS room for cake.


He got me pretty good but I got him better!

No comments: