Monday, February 13, 2012

Made Up Monday

So this is my first ever Made Up Monday! Are you all excited? I kinda am.
I have been more and more excited to try new makeup and new beauty products as I have aged. Haha aged. I like to look put together now a days. It's kind of nice to put your face on in the morning when you're not looking/feeling that hot and look somewhat ok when you're finished. I at least feel better once I get a fresh face on. There's a little bit of a reward when what you put on looks good with what you're wearing for the day.

Today I am wearing several different shades. I love experimenting with new colors and new ways to put on makeup. Here is today's look.
Gray: BareMinerals - Do No Disturb (from the Honeymoon Phase Duo) Gold: Sunset Blvd by KVD White: First Class by KVD Eyeliner: Sephora Liquid Liner Mascara: they're real! by Benefit
The finished look topped off with a nice shade of Kat Von D lipstick in Coral Castle
Sunset Blvd by Kat Von D






First Class by Kat Von D
Honeymoon Duo by BareMinerals Do Not Disturb Gray and Giddy Pink
The Gold is perfect with this smokey gray color. It's got bigger flecks  of gold in it so it makes your eyes really sparkle! I love it because...well I love glittery stuff. The key to making the gold go well with the gray is blending. Make sure you use a clean brush and blend away between the two shades.

The white sparkly color called First Class is the perfect high lighting color for ANY makeup. It's mostly white so it blends really nicely with any color without overpowering it.

 I love this look. It's really classy looking without being over the top. The thing I love about the Do Not Disturb gray color is that it has a little bit of a gold tint to it. Not to mention that it's gray not black. You can make a smokey eye without looking like you got punched.

I like to give myself a little bit of a cat eye when I wear the more bold eye shadows. The perfect way to do this is with a liquid liner. It's SO much easier to get that wispy line on the corners of your eyes. Practice makes perfect. If you're not very good at putting on liner, keep trying. It took me forever to get mine to look presentable.

Last is the mascara. I love this new mascara I got called They're Real! I did a whole post on them here if you would like to check it out. They really do give you some great lashes!


Hope you all like my first Made Up Monday. It isn't going to be just makeup talk here. I plan on doing some outfits, hair styles, nail polish and maybe even some vlogs on how to apply. Enjoy enjoy enjoy!

1 comment:

Karen said...

I want new makeup for the wedding. Thanks for the tips!