Friday, July 8, 2011

Day 2 Results

So I did my day 2 as soon as I got home from eating dinner with the girls yesterday. All in all it took me around an hour and a half to get the whole thing wiped down, bleached, dried off, and cleaned out. I took everything out and threw away anything that was bad. I also emptied boxes that were taking up a lot of space. The biggest thing was getting all the tea splatter and soda splatters off the inside of it. Here are the pictures to show you what I got done. It doesn't look like a whole lot but I really feel like the wiping down and bleaching made it a lot better to look at.

I started with the outside of our fridge. I took down all the pictures and papers fro the front of it and then wiped it down with windex and bleach wipes. Then I washed Stratton's magnets and threw away any papers that we didin't need on there any more. This pictures on the side I left because I love all of them up there and I didn't want to mess them all up. 

 Next I did the inside of the fridge. I started by taking everything out one shelf at a time. Then I used bleach wipes on the glass parts and then windex to make it shine. I cleaned out any food that was expired and organized it so it was easier to find everything. I took anything that was in a box and got it out of the box to make for more room. I took out each drawer and cleaned it with soapy water then dried it out. I even took the bottom fruit/veggie drawers out and cleaned under those too. I never realized how much stuff falls down under those.
 

The door to the fridge was next. I cleaned everything that was expired out, wiped down the drawers, and even took one of the drawers out to make more room for the taller bottles that were having to be laid on their side at the bottom of the door. I took Stratton's capri sun and put them in the bottom of the door too so they are easier for him to get to as well.

 I mostly organized my freezer because when I tried to wipe it down my cloth kept freezing and sticking to it. So,  I thought I took a picture of the inside of the freezer as an after but I didn't. Here is the before picture though.
 I promise it was more organized after I was done with it. There wasn't corn in the ice tray after I was done.

I cleaned and organized the door to the freezer like I did the fridge. I took them out and washed them in the sink with soapy water. Then I organized everything and threw anything that had bad freezer burn on it away. Including the bananas that I put in there hoping to make banana bread with.

So, there you have it. Day 2 of 31 Days to Clean down!
I even did three loads of laundry last night, folded them AND put them away. I have even been waking up earlier and getting ready for work BEFORE I'm supposed to be there too. My husband asked me who I was and what I had done with his wife this morning. That's an awesome compliment for me!

No comments: