Day 3 - 10 Ways to Give Life to You Home
I don't want to give away everything in the book so I'm going to go off of the 10 things that Sarah Mae's sister in law Renee Behringer lists out for us and say how I'm going to give life to my home.
1. I'm NOT going to put anyone down for their short comings. I WILL encourage the good things they do no matter how small. I will also try my best to comfort those around me and help uplift those around me.
2. I WILL try my best to always offer "grace-filled and life-giving" words to Derek and Stratton.
3. I WILL try my best to not get angry but rather love and forgive when mistakes are made in my home.
4. I WILL decorate my home because it should be a place of beauty. "Beauty raises life above mere existence."
5. I WILL try my best to keep cleaning even after the challenge is over and I WILL try instill this into my son and husband because the messier my house is the higher my stress level will be.
6. I WILL face my downfalls (anger, fear, anxiety, depression). My home should reflect my mental/spiritual/emotional health. I'm going to look to the Lord to help me with my downfalls.
7. I WILL make time to get out of the house to make sure I stay rejuvenated.
8. I WILL plan fun things to do for my family when I can.
9. I WILL play music that is uplifting. Both when I clean and when I am in the car.
10. I WILL ask the Lord to help me to become aware of the areas in my house that cause myself and my family stress. I WILL also ask how I can bring life to these places.
Ask my family what makes them feel the most loved when it comes to caring for our home.
Derek says he likes when I take care of the laundry and make the bed. It makes it nice to be able to go to bed and not worry about all the clutter around us before we got to bed. Also it is one less stress factor to wake up to something nice instead of a huge mess.
I like when my kitchen is clean. I think the kitchen is the heart of the house so I like to clean and keep my kitchen clean. I also think it makes your guests more comfortable when they eat over. It doesn't feel like they are eating dirty food.
I think if Stratton could tell what he likes the best about what I clean, it would be his bedroom. I would hate to have to sleep in a messy room and not be able to do anything about it. I think since he can sleep in a clean room it's relaxing for him.
Dust tops of fridge, cabinets, shelves and also clean and shine the outsides of drawers and cabinets.
Two days down! I hope you all could see a little progress with my fridge. I know it's a little hard to tell. I will post pictures first thing tomorrow of my Martha Challenge for today. I hope everyone has a fun filled and relaxing weekend.