Thursday, July 14, 2011

31 Days to Clean - Day 9

Day 9 - Confronting Laziness

I have to admit .... I can be lazy every now and then. I just love not doing ANYTHING. Especially when I'm at home and have the best couch to be lazy on. That being said...laziness is the snare we willing step into. It's hard not to be lazy when you work full time, go to school, cook, clean, raise your kids, etc, etc...  We all have to confront this daily. I know I'm not the only one that struggles to be productive every day. If you find yourself struggling with being lazy, the first thing you need to do is confess that sin to the Lord. Allow his grace to wash over you as you seek to have a spirit of diligence and reliance on the strength of Jesus.

Colossians 3:23 is a great pick me up verse
"Whatever you do, do it wholeheartedly as though you were working for your real master and not merely for humans."

Mary Challenge:
Every time you find yourself saying "I will do that later," You need to stop and pray, asking God to give you a spirit of diligence. Then with an obedient heart, go to work. If (and when) you fail, allow His grace to lift you up and being again. I know you can do it!

Martha Challenge:
Kitchen - Sweep, vacuum, and mop floors. Add some fresh flowers to brighten your day.

No comments: