Thursday, July 14, 2011

31 Days to Clean - Day 8

Day 8 - Overcoming the Curse.

Yesterday we talked about the Curse and horrible it is. SUCH a downer. Not one of the best pick me ups for the week before Aunt Flo comes to visit and I'm already starting to get the "I hate cleaning" feeling back. But, I've pushed through both problems and have stuck with it. Even though I didn't get to post on time the last few days I have actually been keeping up with both the 31 Days to Clean challenges as well as keeping what's already been cleaned organized AND doing my laundry (yes mom I have even been putting it away when it's done). The Curse leaves us feeling the way you do when you have the cleaning blues. Here is how to overcome this and help keep us motivated:


Keep you eye on the eternal value of your work.

If we look to Christ in everything we do, then not only does what we do have value here on earth, but it holds it's value for eternity. That means this will literally last forever!

James 1:2-4 tells us:
"Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing."

How we take care of our house - how we stay on task - is all about your response to God. God gave us our house. He also gave us (women) the ability to give LIFE to them! We have to chose what our response to Him will be. We shouldn't respond grudgingly and feel hopeless because it's just another "rule" to follow. Which is exactly how I used to feel about house work. But, we should thank God for the goodness and blessings that he has given us. He knows our weaknesses, and He's not looking for you to be perfect. He already sees us as saints if we are covered in the blood of Jesus. Taking care of your house is something to be joyful about and that we should take honor in. It is ultimately something that will lead us towards a Christ like character and humility.

Mary Challenge:
Think back to a time when God refined your character through difficult circumstances. Write it down and thank Him for His faithfullness.


Martha Challenge:
Kitchen - Clean out and organized your drawers.

1 comment:

Les said...

Love this Emily! And I'm so proud of all your hard work! You inspire me!