Tuesday, March 22, 2011

What a cool way to paint your nails!I

I found this tutorial today while blog surfing. It's such a neat idea. I never would have guessed you could do anything like this. Enjoy and if anyone tries this please let me know how it turns out!

These nails take around an hour to complete (if you want them to turn out properly, plus I've factored in the nail polish drying time, but it might vary depending on the polish you use).


1. You will need a top coat nail polish and then a coloured one. Make sure you use a light, bright colour because otherwise you won't be able to see the words. White, beige, cream work the best because it looks like paper. I'm using OPI nail polish in Alpine Snow and OPI Top Coat.

2. A little bit of either vodka or rubbing alcohol. Just enough to dip your nail into.

3. Cut 10 pieces of newspaper, small enough to handle easily, but big enough to be easy to work with.

4. Paint your nails in the colour you chose. I painted two layers. Let dry completely. It is vitally important that your nails are fully dry before proceeding to the next step.

5. The next couple steps have to be done one at a time for each nail. Take your nail and dip it into the vodka and hold it there for about 5 seconds or until fully wet.

6. Take a piece of newspaper and put it on the nail, press down and hold it for 20-30 seconds before taking it off. Try to not move the newspaper otherwise it'll smudge the words. Repeat steps 5 and 6 for all the nails. Then wait about 5 minutes, and paint on a top coat. Make sure that you do put on a top coat because otherwise the newspaper print will come off, and your nails won't look that good anyways.

Finished product.






Hope you all enjoyed the tutorial!

2 comments:

Les said...

I'm a nail freak so I love this! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Very cool. I am going to try it today!