Monday, October 18, 2010

Day 3: Your First Love

My first love...

Well....

I dated a bunch of different guys through the end of high school and the beginning of college but my first true love was a guy named John Volkerding. We dated almost two years and I really truly thought that he was going to be the guy that I was going to marry. I mean, his mom even called me her future daughter in law. I loved his family and his family loved me. Not to mention the fact that his family had known my family even before I even knew John. We met through a mutual friend and hit it off really quick. We went to different schools for high school so it was really exciting to get to go to the same classes in college. We eventually grew further apart as I started to get more "worldly" as my mom would say. He was deep in his Christianity and I was deep into living like today was my last. I wanted to experience life in any way that I could. We wound up breaking up and never talking again. Ever. I still see his sister and his mom every now and then and I see him out driving every now and then but honestly, I'm SO glad I didn't marry him. There is no way that I could have married him, he was too much of a mommas boy.

Sorry John.

No comments: