Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Switching It Up

Last week I bought a super cute maxi dress from Three Bird Nest
 It was only $22!!
I love it! It's super soft and the length is perfect on it. It has the prettiest colors that work well with my pasty white skin.  The best part about it...it has pockets! Every girl loves a dress with pockets. 
If you're crushing on this dress as much as I was when I first saw it you can keep an eye out for it here as it's currently sold out. It was half off when I bought it so that's probably why it's sold out. 

Anywho, I love love love this dress but Derek just isn't a fan of maxi dresses. I have no idea why and I'm not going to start to try to figure out his girly fashion sense. So, in order to make him happy but not mess up my beautiful maxi dress, I did a little pinning. (and I don't mean on pinterest) 
I couldn't find any safety pins in my house so I took out a needle and thread and just sewed up four corners with a little black thread. I made the stitch loose enough that when/if I want it to be a maxi again I can just cut the thread. 

So here it is in all it's short dressed glory. Derek likes it a lot better now and to be honest its the perfect length for me. Not too long and not too short.
Not to mention it's super cute with a denim jacket on for when your office is cold enough to hang meat in.




No comments: