Thursday, July 11, 2013

Concert in the Park

Derek left for Summer NAMM Show in Nashville, TN yesterday so Stratton and I are on our own for a few days. Last night little man and I went to the band concert at Capaha Park in Cape. My grandma and John were there as well as my mom and a family friend John Price. It was hot and muggy and the mosquitoes would have carried you off if you didn't wear bug spray but it was really nice to hang out with family and friends.

The band playing beforehand was a group of men that were mostly doctors (3 out of the 5). They were called the Dochans (I think that's how you spell it) Anywho, they were really good. Dr Branson, the banjo player, used to be my eye doctor when I was younger.  
 John Price came and sat with us last night too. I pretty much grew up with him as a 2nd dad. Him and my dad are close friends. We used to be fishing buddies when I was younger. His brother Keith was the pastor who married Derek and I.
 My mom came with us last night too. I'm so glad she could take some time off from work to spend time with me and little man.
 Stratton of course had to bring his gun with him. He was getting hot so Grandma Marge was fanning him.

 Gosh I just love that cute little smile of his. It really doesn't get much more handsome than that.
 Stratton caught his first firefly last night too. He thought that it was so cool! He gave it a name and carried it around with him until he lost it in the car haha.
After the band concert Stratton, my mom, and I met some of my friends from Jiu Jitsu at Simply Swirled for frozen yogurt. It was such a great night. I really enjoyed getting to have that family time last night.

No comments: