Friday, May 25, 2012


I'm 5 weeks!
Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 5 Weeks
Size of Baby: Size of an orange seed
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Lost 4lbs - I think it's because of stress and loss of apatite
Maternity Clothes: None so far - but if anyone would like to send some my way it would be much appreciated.
Gender: Not sure yet
Movement: None so far
Sleep: I've been sleeping on the couch for the last few days because Stratton has been sneaking into our bed around midnight
What I miss: Nothing yet. Maybe my apatite.
Cravings: None so far. I've been queasy so food hasn't looked all that great.
Symptoms: No period for one. A little bit of morning sickness but nothing horrible.
Best moment this week: Stratton telling me he wants a boy baby so that he can have a friend to play with.
How am I doing: Well this week has been a roller coaster of emotions. When I first found out I was pregnant, I was seriously awestruck. I didn't know what to do. We had only been trying for two months when I got pregnant so it was kind of a surprise that it happened so fast. Haha. We found out Monday night that we were expecting at around 9:30pm. I went for a walk with my sister-in-law Steph and we talking about pregnancy and stuff like that and it had me wondering why I hadn't started yet. I didn't even think about it at the time but I was 5 days late on Monday. I went to Dollar General (I know it's super classy) at 9:00 p.m. and got 3 one dollar tests. They're super cheap but hey, they work. I took the first test out of the box, did my business in a cup and put some on the test. What I didn't know was that Groucho was in the bathroom with me and before I could dump the cup out, Groucho spilled the entire cup on the bathroom floor. I proceeded to clean up the nasty mess of my own filth on the floor and almost forgot about the test. I was too busy bleaching and disinfecting everything. (If you know me you know I am OCD about germs. It's my sisters fault. She took microbiology.) I turned around finally and noticed the test and that there were TWO PINK LINES on it. Now if you remember my first pregnancy when I took a test with two lines you remember that I firmly denied being pregnant because if I was pregnant it would have been TWO PINK LINES not one super pink line and a barely there pink line. Being older and wiser now I knew better. Haha. Amazing what 4 years will do to you. Other than that it was pretty exciting getting to tell everyone. Most everyone was super excited about it. Derek and I excited / nervous / terrified all at the same time. Most of all we feel blessed that God has given us the gift of another little one.
Bible Verse for the Week: Philippians 4:6-7 do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving in your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

1 comment:

Les said...

Just wanted to tell you again Congrats! I'm so happy for you and this new journey in you and Derek's life. Sorry I've been so busy lately and haven't gotten to see you, but let's change that this week and take the boys to the park or something! Love you!