Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Stratton's Heart

Stratton is such a ham lately...and kind of a drama queen. Haha.

That being said, his newest thing to tell you when you make him mad is

"Mom, you break my heart!"

The first time he said this I seriously almost cried. He was so mad/upset that he had gotten in trouble that he said that to me! Let me tell you, I'm horrible when it comes to staying mad at Stratton. I hate seeing him cry or get upset. It breaks MY heart.

The other day Stratton and I ran to Country Mart to pick up a few groceries and he saw loose peanuts. (I'm going to go ahead and confess that I am one of those moms that will buy the little things for my kid even if he doesn't necessarily need it...like a 2lb bag of peanuts.)  I let him scoop the peanuts into the plastic bag (which he thought was AWESOME!) and then he carried them to the cashier. We paid for them and rode home. The entire trip home he held the peanuts in his lap and seriously could not wait to get home and eat them. We got home and I showed him how to crack the peanuts open.

Here is how Stratton opens the peanuts.

Strat and his Peanuts from Emily Williams on Vimeo.

When I showed him how to crack them open for the first time he was laughing SO hard! It was adorable. He was laughing so hard he had tears in his eyes. He looked at me and said "Mom, this makes my heart happy." I started crying too. Haha.

It's little moments like those that I want to remember forever. He is growing up so fast and I can see that he is growing up to be such a neat little man. I am more and more proud of him everyday.


No comments: