Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Tasty Tuesday

Hey everyone! I'm going to make this post short and sweet. Haha. Pun intended. I'm feeling a little under the weather today. Well, my throat is feeling under the weather today. I'm going to the doctor at 10am so I can get these bumps on the back of my throat checked out. Anywho, todays Tasty Treat comes from the blog Taste and Tell. It's a Red Velvet Cheese Ball! Derek made one for me with yellow cake on Sunday and all though it wasn't as pretty as the red velvet it definitely tasted just as good.
Red Velvet Cheese Ball
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours, 15 minutes
Yield: 16 servings
The ultimate dip for red velvet lovers!! This sweet version of a cheeseball will have you going back for more!
Ingredients
  • 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
  • 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
  • 1 1/2 cups red velvet cake mix, dry
  • 2 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup powdered sugar
  • 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
  • assorted cookies and crackers (my favorite was Vanilla Wafers)
Instructions
  • In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add in the red velvet cake mix, the brown sugar and the powdered sugar. Beat until smooth and combined.
  • Turn the mixture out onto a piece of plastic wrap. Wrap up into a ball and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
  • Put the chocolate chips on a plate or in a shallow dish. Remove the cheese ball from the refrigerator and unwrap. Roll in the chocolate chips. (This might get messy!) Place on a serving plate and serve with cookies or graham crackers.
Hope you all enjoy this tasty treat! Pictures from this weekend are coming this afternoon....hopefully.

1 comment:

Karen said...

I can't wait to try this!