Tuesday, February 7, 2012

First Ever Tasty Tuesday

 Fried Egg Sandwich and Garlic Couscous 
 
This recipe is seriously SO easy and it is perfect for:
1. Small meals
2. Serving for 2
3. Smaller kids that are picky

All you need is:
-bread
-eggs
-a white bowl (yes it has to be white or a really light color not pink though)
-garlic powder or garlic salt
-olive oil
-couscous
-vegetable oil

I put on the couscous first. It's super easy to make. You put 2 cups of water in a pot and then throw it in for 5 minuets and stir it a few times. After 5 min, take it off the stove and add seasoning. I added dried onion flakes, garlic powder and a little bit of olive oil. Yumm! Not to mention it reheats really easy and tastes just as good the 2nd or 3rd time around.
 Next I fried my egg. Put the skillet on medium and put in some vegetable oil. (You can really use any oil. I just prefer vegetable). If you don't know how to fry an egg I would recommend checking out some videos on YouTube. They really do taste better than scrambled. The eggs that I used are super fresh. Meaning I got them from my friend Erica who's parent's have their own chickens in their back yard. They are delicious! A tip for making farm fresh eggs: break the egg into a white bowl before putting them in the black skillet. Some farm fresh eggs can be bloody. I know sounds delish right? Just toss that one out and get a new one.  
 Toast some bread, throw some garlic salt on your eggs, smother in butter if you wish and then DIG IN! Doesn't that look tasty? The fried egg on top is without the yolk busted. If you don't like the runny middle, pop the yolk while frying and you don't have the runny center. The one on the bottom isn't runny.
Enjoy!

No comments: