Wednesday, January 4, 2012

It's all about your face...


I found this on another makeup website and I thought it was a really fun questionnaire. I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed filling it out. If you all have any questions about any of the makeup I talk about please ask me about it. I love talking makeup!

Skincare

1)How many times do you wash your face daily?
Once if any. I don’t really like washing my face in the morning for some reason, but I always wash it when I take off my makeup after coming home or at the very least, I use a face wipe.

2)What skin type do you have?
My skin is being really random at the moment, I have dry patches on my cheeks and my chin and between my eyebrows is broken out. But usually it's pretty normal.

3)What is your current facial wash?
I love the Bare Minerals facial wash with the daily moisturizing lotion that came with it. It's super gentle and I love that it doesn't leave my face super dry and itchy.

4)Do you exfoliate?
The wipes I use to get my makeup off in between actual face washes is as much exfoliating as I can handle. My skin doesn't do will with exfoliates.  

5)What brand do you use?
I don't have a certain brand.

6)What moisturizer do you use?
I love the Bare Minerals one. It's probably my favorite. I also use an Aveno one as well.

7)Do you have freckles?
Yes, especially in the summer. I love them though. They're kind of cute. I think they make me look young.

8)Do you use eye cream?
Sometimes, I have a Garnier Fruitise roller eye cream that I like to use in the mornings to wake my eyes up so to speak.

9)Do you or did you have acne prone skin?
Thankfully no, I get a big one or two about a week before "Aunt Flow" comes to visit but that's about it. I get black heads every now and then too.

10)Did you ever have to use Pro-Activ?
No. But one of my friends used it and she has mixed feelings about it. She said the first two weeks are horrible and your skin is dry and ashy and then it gets better.

Make-up

11)What foundation do you use?
I use Bare Minerals Matt Powder Foundation with SPF 15. I love it. I've used it ever since I started wearing makeup.

12)How about concealer?
I just use a concealer brush and the Bare Minerals powder. If I'm having particular trouble with a certain spot I use a tiny tiny dab of Mary Kay concealer.

13)Do you know your undertone colour?
I always get matched to different undertones and rarely find the right shade so I think I’m a neutral. I usually mix foundations together to get the right shade.

14)What do you think of fake eyelashes?
I have only used fake eyelashes on halloween and they were meant to look FAKE! I think if they are applied correctly they can look beautiful but I don't think I would wear them on a regular basis unless I had them professionally put on.  

15)Did you know you were supposed to change your mascara every 3 months?
Yes, I rotate my mascara a lot to try to get more bang for my buck but I'm horrible about throwing them away after three months. I keep them for like 6-10 months usually and then get a new one.

16)What brand of mascara do you use?
All of them! Haha currently I’m using Benefit “They’re Real” and Too Faced "Lash Injection." I've been using the Too Faced since I was in High School and I love it. This new "They're Real" is pretty awesome too. I'm loving it more and more every time I use it.

17)Sephora or Mac?
Sephora, I've never shopped at a Mac so I can't really compare the two. But I love the Sephora that is in St Louis. Our store is pretty good but there's not a whole lot of variety.

18)Do you have a Mac Pro card?
No.

19)What makeup tools do you use in makeup application?
I have a pretty big collection of brushes. I try to avoid using my fingers as much as possible because your hands are oily and can make your skin break out. So I stick to Sephora Professional grade brushes.

20)Do you use makeup base/primer for the eyes?
Yes. I have long days and the last thing I want to do is have to touch up my makeup or have to fix the dreadful "crease" from wearing makeup all day. I love my eye primer. I use Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion. I have both the clear and the golden "Sin" coloe. I also use the Bare Minerals Prime Time in the Brightening color. I love that one too. It can be worn as a primer or as a color itself. It's really pretty!

21)For the face?
I use the Bare Minerals Prime Time Foundation Primer in both clear and also the Brightening. I love how the Brightening makes your skin a little sparkly.

22)What is your favourite eyeshadow?colour or shade?
Oh my gosh. This is a tough one. I have so many different shades that I love. I love almost all of Kat Von D's eye shadows. They go on super smooth and they are so sparkly! I also like a lot of different shades by Bare Minerals. Their colors are really easy to blend and stay on a long time.

23)Do you use pencil or liquid liner?
Both! I use a pencil on my bottom lids. I hardly use eye liner on my bottom though. It just looks to dark on my pale skin. I tend to stick to using liner only on my top lid. I use liquid liner on top though. I feel like I can get a better line with the liquid liner. I use Sephora liquid liner for the top and Kat Von D Autograph Pencil on bottom.

24)How often do you poke your eyes with an eyeliner pencil?
I've only done it once with the liquid liner. I'm A LOT more careful now. Haha. It only takes once.

25)What do you think of pigment eyeshadows?
I think they're really pretty. I love using them. They're a little messy but they're definitely pretty.

26)Do you use mineral makeup?
Yep, that's all I use. I love it. Bare Minerals.

27)What is your favourite lipstick?
I love Kat Von D's lipstick. She has some really beautiful shades of reds and pinks.

28?How about lip gloss?
I just recently became addicted to Buxom lip gloss. It makes your lips tingle when you first put it on and it makes your lips more full. I love it! They have a bunch of different shades too. 

29)What is your favourite blush to use?
I usually don't use blush. I use warmth by Bare Minerals. I also use Healthy Radiance and Clear Radiance by Bare Minerals as well. They are more like bronzers but that's all I need.

30)Do you buy your makeup on Ebay?
I never have and probably won’t, I would be a bit scared of getting fakes and I don’t need anything that I can’t get in store.

31)Do you like drugstore makeup?
Sometimes, I'm more of a high end kind of girl myself but some of the drugstore makeup can actually be really great. I like Maybelline and Cover Girl mascaras.

32)Do you go to CCO's?Cosmetic Company Outlet?
I don't even know if there are any close to where I live, but I would love to check one out.

33)Did you ever consider taking makeup classes?
Not really, I think it would be fun though.

34)Are you clumsy in putting on makeup?
Not at all. I use powder makeup and eyeshadow so I'm super careful to not spill any on myself or get too much on the brush when I'm doing my eyes so I don't get any on my cheeks.

35)Name a makeup crime that you hate?
I hate when girls wear foundation that is too dark for their face and they have the huge line on their neck. I also hate when girls put their mascara on before their eyeshadow and wind up getting the color all over their lashes. It just looks clumsy.
36)Do you like colorful shades of makeup (lipstick or eyeshadow) or neutral ones?
I'm a very neutral kind of a girl. I love my browns and golds but I'm not afraid to jump out of the box from time to time with a blue or a green.

37)Which celebrity always has great makeup?
I will always and forever love the way the Kat Von D wears her makeup. She is stunning.

38)If you could leave the house using just ONE makeup item, what would you use?
Foundation. I'm really self conscious about my skin so if I can just cover that up it would be great. 

39)Could you leave the house without any makeup on?
Yeah, of course! I don't wear makeup everyday. I like to give my skin a rest from time to time. I don't look horrible without makeup so it's not a huge deal to me.

40)Do you think you look good even without any makeup on?
I’m pretty confident even without makeup. I think it helps to enhance my features but I’m not self conscious without it except for the little spot on the end of my nose.

41)In your opinion what is the BEST makeup line?
Well for face I would definitely have to say Bare Minerals
For Eye Shadows I would have to say Kat Von D or Bare Minerals 
For Mascara I would have to say either Too Faced or Benefit.

42)What do you think of makeup?
I love it. I used to not be a makeup kind of a girl but I have now seen the light and have been changed. I love using different makeup and trying new things to see how they change my face. It's like getting to have a new look everyday.

No comments: