Monday, November 29, 2010

Day 7 of 12 Days of Christmas Blog Challenge

Day 7: Holiday Craft/DIY

My mom, sister and I used to make these when I was younger. We could take toothpicks and poke the orange then put the cloves into the orange. It smells SO good and it's really easy to make. 
 I thought this was a really cute idea. You take foam and trace your kiddo's hand with a pen. You cut out the hand then use pipe cleaners for antlers, puff balls for the nose and googly eyes. You can use pretty much anything to decorate it. 
 This was such a great idea if you have mittens or gloves. You take a meter stick and paint it white. Then you take wooden spoons (like the ones you get to eat ice cream) and paint them with different characters on it like Santa or elves. Once they have dried you hot glue clothes pins to the backs of the spoons then hot glue the clothes pins to the meter stick. Quick and easy and can be decorated SO many different ways. 
My dad, sister, and I used to make these also. My dad was always so good at making paper snow flakes. I on the other hand was terrible. I wound up making a paper circle. Haha.

No comments: