Monday, November 29, 2010

19th Annual Parade of Lights

The 19th Annual Parade of Lights headed down Broadway from Capaha Park to Main Street in Cape Girardeau on Sunday, Nov. 28, 2010. This year's parade theme was "Christmas Dreams."

Stratton and I went to the parade of lights last night. This was Stratton's FIRST Parade of Lights so it was really special for me to get to take him. I have always loved the Parade of Lights so getting to share this new tradition with Stratton was pretty cool. 
He sat on my lap the entire time we were there and loved watching as all the lights, trucks, and motorcycles went by. It was so cute to see how excited he got when the motorcycles and fire trucks went by. He really enjoyed all the candy being thrown too. We saw Stephanie (my sister-in-law) walking with her work so she stopped and gave us some candy and gave Stratton a hug and kiss. He was so happy to see her.
Here are some pictures from last night. Some are mine the other I got from here

I know these aren't the greatest quality but I was more concerned about keeping Stratton warm and happy. 
 My friend Julie (aka Bobbie Soxx) is the red hed on the left.
 Only in Southeast Missouri
 Again only in Southeast Missouri

No comments: