Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Shots!

Today Stratton turned 2 months old!

So of course he had to get his two month old shots yesterday at the Dr's office. It was awful....for me at least.

He weighs 11lb 7.5oz now and is officially 23in long!

The nurse came in with her tray of shots and I think I was more scared than Stratton was the whole time. She had me lay him on the table with the paper on it. Stratton was so scared of the paper because it was loud and he just didn't like it. Right as soon as I let him go he started crying. The first immunization he got was the oral Polio and he seemed to like that one because it was sweet. Then it was time for the needles. I told the nurse I was really bad with needles and that I didn't think I could watch so she let me stand on the other side of the room. I turned back to check on him and she was rubbing his legs down with alcohol and holding them down. This really made him scream. She gave him 3 shots, one in his right leg and two in his left. As soon as she stuck him he was silent...because he was crying so hard he started to hold his breath. Once he caught his breath he screamed of course and the nurse FINALLY told me I could pick him up. With tears in my eyes and in his both of us stopped crying and both of us felt much better that the whole thing was over.

After we got done at the Dr office we went to Grandma and Grandpa B's house and he soaked in the sink while I held him and Grandma ran water on him. He loved it!

Once we were done there we said hello to a few friends, made a visit to Grandma and Grandpa Williams then headed home where again he got a nice warm bath to soak in.

A few drops of Tylenol and two hot soaks later he has done pretty good. This morning was a little rough and he was more fussy because I think he got stiff over night. We'll see how things went today at the sitter.

Oh, I got a new camera on the way so more GOOD pictures will be up soon.

No comments: