Sunday, January 23, 2011

Time to Talk

I know I dote on my family quite often but I would like to just take a minuet and say Thank You to my family members. All of them. I have see many tears in the last few years, not just bad ones but good ones as well. But, it's the good tears that get all of us through the bad tears. I know my life isn't perfect, but I don't want it to be. I like knowing that someone loves me so much they're willing to hurt my feelings to tell me I'm doing something I shouldn't be doing or kick my back side to make me work harder because I should be. I love that I have shoulders to cry on and arms to wrap around me when I need a hug. I'm also thankful that I have the love of a family that I know truly and unconditionally cares about me.

I want to take a min and tell you about my night. Not all of it. Just the moments that really made me proud of who I am, what I have, and where I'm from.  The details aren't necessary but I watched my 2 year old heal a wound just being his loving wonderful self. I love my son, more than anything in the world. He is the sweetest little guy you will ever meet. I love that he knows exactly how to make someone feel better by just giving them a hug, a kiss, and saying I love you. Nothing is better than having those little arms wrapped around your neck and those sweet little lips pressed up against yours. He truly is the best gift God has blessed me with (Derek too of course). I'm also very proud of who I am because I have come to realize that I'm needed even if it's small and I can help just by lending an ear and giving a hug. I'm truly thankful for what I have when it comes to family.  My family is always there for me. I love my family on both sides. I love Derek's family like they have been part of my family for my entire life. I couldn't imagine my life without them. I'm also thankful for where I live. Tonight at 10:30 we went to Casey's Gas Station and Stratton REALLY wanted a hash brown. It's his favorite thing to eat next to french fries. The two people working heard that Stratton really wanted a hash brown so they went in the back and made one for him even though the kitchen was closed. Anywhere else, I couldn't imagine people doing that for you.  I love what I have and what God has blessed me with.

Some food for though...

When you think God isn't listening because you asked for a better relationship with your husband,
don't be mad when God doesn't give you those warm fuzzy feelings towards your husband. God is going to give you the opportunity to make the relationship with your husband better.

When you ask for more money, he's not going to put more money in the bank for you, he's going to give you the opportunity to make more money.

Maybe next time you pray you shouldn't be asking God when he can do you for, but ask him how can he can help you help yourself.

1 comment:

Les said...

Great thoughts Emily. I especially like the part about husbands. God might just put wives through tough stuff sometimes to make us stronger. :) Love ya girl!