Monday, November 8, 2010

Day 19 of 30 Day Blog Challenge

Something I Miss

Something that I really truly miss is my Grandpa B.
He was my best friend growing up and he taught me SO much about so many different things.
He taught me that there is no such thing as a stranger. 
He taught me how to hammer a nail.
He taught me how to get paint out of your nice clothes so mom and dad don't yell at you.
He taught me how to unconditionally love everyone.
He taught me how to be a good person and not judge.
He taught me how to walk on stilts. 
He taught me how to be nice to everyone.
He taught me how to draw Pop Eye.
He taught me how to catch fish with a dipping net.
He taught me how to skip rocks at Sam A. Baker state park. 
He taught me how to burn ants with a magnifying glass.
He taught me how to sneak bits of cookie dough from the blender.
He taught me how to give insulin shots.
He also taught me the one biggest lesson of all...
You never know how much you appreciate and love someone until they're gone.

No comments: