Monday, April 6, 2009

To The E.R. Again

Last weekend while giving Stratton a bath I noticed that around his lips, his lips, tongue, and arms from the elbow down were slightly blue. This was the 3rd time this has happened. I would wake him up from his name and he would be blue. I was a little freaked so I called my Building Blocks lady and she told me that we need to call Dr Olson immediately and let him know what was going on. So I called and he told us to make yet another trip to the ER. We got there at around 9:30 pm and sat in the waiting room for 4 hours before we were taken back into a room. They drew blood and did an x-ray while we were waiting then decided around 3 that it was finally time to get us in a room. The room they put us in had a small couch and a medical crib for the baby. Well, Derek and I both stayed the night so I had to sleep up in the crib with Stratton while Derek slept on the couch. Needless to say neither one of us got much sleep. The next morning they called for him to get and MRI and an echo cardiogram. They found out that the little man has a hole in his heart between his left and right atrial. This wasn't why he was turning blue though. That one we are still unsure of. He hasn't done it since and hopefully won't. But, so you all know he is doing well and has not had any more blue episodes. More pictures to come soon!

2 comments:

Student Entrepreneur said...

How scary!! I hope everything is okay!!

Anonymous said...

Hi, So glad to get the great new pictures and glad you used the raggy quilt. He is such a cutie and we are looking forward to seeing him Easter if all works out. Love, Grandma Marge