Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Derek's First Time to Change a Diaper...sort of.

This moment that we had was short and sweet but made me realize (not that I didn't already know) that even the small things make life that much better and happier.

Derek decided that this evening when we got back from his Dad and step-Mom's house that he was going to take on the task of changing Stratton's dirty diaper. So he thought. I of course supervised like the worry some mom that I am. I made sure he kept the old diaper under his butt and made sure he put the wash cloth over his little wee-wee so he wouldn't pee on himself. Derek pulled open the diaper, grabbed a wipe, and started to go in for the kill when Stratton let out a nice juicy fart right in Derek's hand. That was enough to get Derek to throw the wipe, scream like a girl, and run to the bathroom. I of course was in tears because I was laughing so hard. Derek was in tears because he was laughing so hard and Stratton was turning red because I wasn't cleaning him fast enough. Since all the commotion that went on distracted me from cleaning his diaper properly he peed all over his onesie which I hated to change because he has started a new cry where he sounds like he's laughing then he just starts to hold his breath and won't inhale. I got him all cleaned up while Derek watched and laughed it off. At least he tried. That made me happy.

I really do have the best husband in the world. He knows how to make me feel better and make me laugh. What would life be without all the small things?

No comments: