Friday, October 3, 2008

Day II





Today was day two of being a new mom.


I woke up a few times during the night to feed him and then they would take him back to the nursery.


He is latching on soo well. He is such a good eater. Which makes me super sore. My whole body hurts and is sore from the pushing and proding from yesterday. My arms hurt from pulling myself up while pushing, my back hurts from the epidural and the contractions, my sides and stomach hurt from the contractions, and my uterus hurts for obvious reasons.


It has been a roller coaster of emotions today. I have never fell in love with something so fast after seeing it for the first time. He is so adorable and perfect. Derek thinks so too. When he cries it makes my heart just sink and makes me feel so bad for the little guy. I'm so in love with him and he doesn't even know it. I'm so lucky.


Something that I will probably laugh at later down the road was the first time I changed his diaper today. He was circumsized this morning around 7 and was doing so well after he came out of it. He was still eating really well which was a really good sign. Only bad thing is what happens when he eats....he pees. This in return makes his little weiner hurt really bad and makes him scream. Well, he started to scream today and I decided it was time that I tried to change his diaper by myself. I didn't know that he pooped himself too. Changing his diaper was so much easier said then done. I got his diaper open and started to clean him up and it just went downhill really fast from there. As soon as I was almost done getting his poop cleaned up he started peeing, which made him start screaming, which made me flustered. Then he started to poop again, then I realized he peed on his onsie, then I couldn't get him to keep his legs up so I could put the bandage on his circumsizion. At this point I was almost in tears because he was screaming and my back was hurting so bad from leaning over him. I'm so lucky I had Casey there to finish getting him cleaned up for me. She is the best sister in the world. I couldn't have asked for a better sister. She got him all cleaned up, changed, and swaddled again and was so calm and collected.


We got a few visitors today which was so nice. My friend Callie Hoffman came up early around 7 or so when she got off work. She works doing the switchboard here at the hospital. Dale, Lisa, and Seth came up before they left to go to Knoxville this morning around 9. Jim and Judy Wunderlich (Lisa's (my step-mother-in-law's) mom and dad) came up and saw me later today too.


Last night there were SOOO many people that came up to see our little boy. I was so drugged up that I don't really remember who all came up. Most everyone was gone around 9:30 so I got to go to sleep and at least get a few hours of sleep.


Casey came in this morning along with Marcus and my mom. Casey also helped me take a shower. She talked to me while I showered then blow dried my hair and styled it. Thank the Lord because I was looking a little rough. (still am actually) I'm so lucky to have such a good sister.


I'll get some more pictures up here of the little guy as soon as I can.


Thank you to everyone who sent flowers and gave gifts. Thank you also to everyone who congratulated us also. Without all your love and support Derek and I would not have been able to do all of this. You all are so great both near and far.


We can't wait to see all of you. Love you all so much!

No comments: